Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A Bigg'un

Welcome Dave, Bill and Erin and thanks everyone!
Now we're all on board except for Nolan; no word yet from him. Anyway, we have alot to discuss and we've been waiting for everyone to join so we could get down to the nitty gritty stuff that Sam and Bill have recently been mentioning:
Bridesmaid Attire
Sam is here for Easter weekend (March 24-28) and that is the time that me and the girls will choose a bridesmaid dress. The stores may be closed for Easter one or more of those days, so I was thinking Saturday would be a good bet. Sam and I are available any day that weekend so Tanya, Bill and Erin, it's up to you to all get the same day off so we can go together, if you want a say in choosing the dress. I want you all in the same dress but I'm not fussy about what it looks like. Matching shoes would be nice. It's up to you what you want to do about hair; but if you want to join Sam, Tanya and I for a group hairdo on the day of, let me know. Same with mani/pedis the day before at Erin's salon. My salon (I'm not sure about Erin's) is a normal-priced place where a haircut is $30; I'm sure an updo wouldn't be more than that but if you're worried I can call to make sure. Erin, would you do my makeup?
Groomsmen Attire
Matt was thinking that he would go to Moore's to choose a tux/suit; that way Nolan and Dave could be fitted and rent theirs in their own cities, because there are Moores' everywhere. Nolan, Dave, and everyone: you are more than welcome to come and stay at our house any time to visit and/or help us out. We have a spare/computer room and a big air mattress, and we're even kinda fun (says us).
Theme/Look
Sam asked about the look of the wedding. Matt and I have attended OUC for 5 years now (??!!) so we're getting married on-campus and using a scholarly theme for the reception decor, games and invitations. As far as the general "look"; this wedding is very small and rather informal (even though the size of the wedding party would suggest otherwise, haha). The room is nice; it has hardwood floors, couches, its own patio and bar and some greenery. The ceremony will probably be outside of the brick library in front of a flowering tree. Flowers will be minimal but colourful. Maybe tulips? Tanya and I are meeting with some florists on Friday. For pictures we will relocate to a beautiful lake/mountain/forest area just 10 minutes away.
Blog
Since there are so many bloggers now (horray!), I think we should all just post rather than leaving comments on other people's posts. They're hard to navigate through and you have to keep checking for new ones. Please keep checking and blogging all the time; as I mentioned earlier, tomorrow Matt and I are going to start blogging with you guys about who is doing what. We are completing more and more wedding plans literally every day, and your participation is really important from here on!

Thank you everybody!

No comments: