Saturday, October 18, 2008

New Pad and No Dad

Congratualtions Sam, it's so exciting that you guys are making the big move! Wow, twice the size. And you can do your laundry more often than once a month if you want!

We have a new place too! We bought a beautiful townhouse. It's so weird being here and buying there; the realtor will scan and email me a form, then I have to print it, sign it, scan it, and email it to Matt. Then he has to print it, sign it, scan it, and email it back to the realtor. And this stuff goes on all the time. There will be a fresh new batch of stuff to scan and sign and send once we get a lawyer involved this week.

I am completely swamped. In addition to the usual craziness of a gifted toddler and a recovering baby, Matt is out of town both weekdays and weekends, there is family stuff going on on both sides, I'm doing all this real estate stuff, and I'm finally making some real progress on another project of mine. When Roman was in the NICU shortly after he was born, his treatment there was absolutely abysmal. I have been working to get the hospital's attention ever since. Now, after my getting the ministry of health involved, there will be a meeting at the hospital with my story being a case study for what not to do and I may or may not go there to talk to them myself. I can't tell you how good it feels to be effecting such an important change!

Roman is finally, slowly getting better and has been doing well the last few days with little or no medicine. He and Angelina are getting along even better lately and play together like the best of friends. He even climbs up on her and snuggles and kisses her, and she no longer moves away. Oh, they are so sweet!

No comments: