Tuesday, February 20, 2007

fire pig!






hello,
well this new blogger isn't' that easy. It took me a long time to log on. plus I had to make a new blog and stuff for myself before I could log on to Keira's.
Well this is the year of the fire pig! Drew, my mom and I went to the Chinese new years parade on Sunday and it was AWESOME! I honestly have never seen anything like it before. it was sooo cool. The parade was pretty long (about an hour and a half) and had a lot of different "tongs". Tongs are different families. Each family has a dragon and a bunch of people holding flags. after the parade each tong or dragon take a different street and takes a offering (head of lettuce) from each business(its hung in the doorway). it is supposed to bring good luck and fortune to each business. when the dragon jumps up and takes the offering, the store owner lights some fire crackers and drops them on the ground around the dragons feet.
I learned a lot at the parade.
I took some pictures
enjoy

No comments: