Friday, December 15, 2006

Hi, I'm Tom Hanks

Did you ever have a moment of sinking, terrible realization? That's the kind of moment I had at the Kelowna airport the other day when I realized that the keys to my car and my house were making their way to Ontario in Matt's pocket and I had no way to get home. Anyway fortunately I got some help. I am so lucky that:

1)My mom hadn't left for work yet, so she could pick up Bill on her way to work
2)My sister had got her licence just days before, so she could drop my mom off at work and take her car
3)My sister had a spare key to my house that I didn't even know about
4)I had a spare car key by the door in the house, so my sister could get it for me
5)Although my sister goes to school, she didn't have a class that day until the afternoon, and it was early morning

So Bill executed that complicated plan for me and I was only at the airport for 3 hours. I'm also lucky that although Angelina's diaper bag was locked in the car, I did have some food and a toy with me.

It's funny; I have been to the airport three times this year and been stranded there all three times! The other times were due to flight delays. I feel like Tom Hanks in that movie where he lives at the airport!

No comments: