Monday, December 18, 2006

'Tis The Season to be Witty

I was out with Angelina today and a reporter from Vancouver asked me about the conjoined twins. She caught me off guard and I think everything I said was pretty dumb. She took down my name though; I hope she's not going to put me in the paper. I said something along the lines that it makes mothers feel thankful for their childrens'health, news is more impactful when it's close to home, and that Vernon is in the news again only this time for a miracle and not a crime. I wasn't very eloquent though, becuase I was trying so hard not to say something offensive like "thank God it wasn't my baby, she must be worried that they will die".

Of course immediately after, I thought of all the insightful and interesting things that I could have said. That's how it always goes. Like when someone is really mean to you and you sulk away, then the rest of the day you stand up for yourself over and over again in your head. That's not just me, right?

No comments: