Wednesday, April 13, 2005

38 more sleeps.....(By Sam and Keira)

Hello Team Sugar! Hi! I (Keira) am answering Sam's questions in blue.

Bridal Party - It's time to put you're thinking hats on....I will send an e-mail before the end of the week explaning what still needs to be done by us.

Readings- The poem for the reverend is awesome! Erin glad you like the one you've got too! I'm still working on my reading/speech. Glad to hear two people like it; now I feel ready to send it to the rev.

OUC is on University Way - I checked the map that came with my room reservations Like I said, mapquest can be wrong especially when it comes to small areas like Winfield. Anyway if it wasn't University Way before, it will be cause it's going to be a UBC now.

Dave - Is it alright if I use one of your pictures that you took????

Key & Matt - What are the plans for the Friday night before the wedding?? There will be a rehearsal. I'm going to send the reverend the reading and ask him what time is best for him and his wife, who have a four year-old son. PS the wife will be there at the real ceremony to help with the logistics like who walks when, etc.

Key & Erin - How did the appointment with the florist go? Is everything set? Did you check to see if they can supply ivy plants as well?? If not, have you found somewhere to get ivy from? The flowers were ugly but I had her change them and now they're okay. Ivy from a florist would be way too expensive. I'm keeping my eye out, if you folks would do the same that would be super.

Key- Has your dress & veil arrived yet? Just yesterday. I need someone to go with me for the alteration appointment... I need to decide whether to have straps put on. I can't go till this thursday or later due to exams. Someone please go with me!

I had an idea...for the wine ceremony why don't you use a bottle of wine made by a family member instead of buying one. This way it was more meaning and is way cheaper! Interesting... but I don't think anyone makes wine, do they?

Key -Can you make a list of anything else for the bridesmaids to do that hasn't been done yet or that we've forgotten Certainly. Coming right up.

Key- Did you change the hair appointments for Saturday morning?? No- what time shall I change them to? 11:00?

Music - Do we still need more song ideas/options? If so, let me know I've got some good ones! Give them to me! Kirsten, Ang & Bryce gave me some awesome CDs for the dance; more dance songs are welcome but my real concern is what song to walk down the aisle to, play when we're man and wife, and dance the first dance to.

Photographer ideas - Do you have enough shot ideas for the photographer??? Well, I only have a few that I came up with/saw. I have been waiting for Tanya's ideas, but haven't heard from her since Easter except for one junk email. If you have some ideas, tell me!

Erin - make sure you get an updated attendee list for the reception before you do the table name tags No it's okay, if the attendees change it will only be by a few people.

Is there a new seating plan???? There will be, but I can't make it yet until we get the RSVPs. So far there's a big problem... we have one more person than we have seats.

Reminder- I am coming up to Winfield on Thursday May 19th(and leaving Tuesday May 24th)! I arrive at 2:30pm. Key are you able to pick me up??? Mais oui, bien sur.

Anyways I think that's all for now, keep updating! We finalized the reception meal/setup etc. choices and are waiting for an invoice (gulp). We settled on Chicken Parmesan; expensive but not so boring as plain chicken. I am having a salmon filet made for me. We booked our flights for the honeymoon, from Kelowna to Montréal, then back from Ottawa to Kelowna. Dave's invitation and CDs should be here today, which is awesome. This week is going to be slow for wedding stuff due to exams but then it will be a blitz. So please keep in touch!

No comments: