Thursday, March 17, 2005

Watching from the sidelines...

Hey Keira..

I found some written directions to Kopje Park, but no pictures except for one of a heritage house on site.. it looks really nice... so other then what my partner said the other day about them nice park and garden area, I don't know much. I am almost tempted to take a drive down there though just because it is not that far away and I have been meaning to go for a drive down that road for a while anyways. It runs right along the lake and there is supossed to be some spectacular views. I may go today, just because I am sick, feel like crap and could use some fresh air and a view. If I go... I'll let you know what I find... there is also a coral beach park there too.. I would love for you to come if i decide to go, but aside for it just going to be a mindless waste some time drive, I still don't know if I caught Norwalk virus from my patient the other day ( the same day i called you from winfield). :(
NE ways Here are the directions..

Coming in from Vernon to Lake Country (Winfield):
Follow Highway #97 along Wood Lake till the beginning of Winfield, turn off right at the traffic lights onto Oceola . Follow Oceola which becomes Okanagan Centre Road East uphill and then downhill towards Okanagan Lake, turn right onto Carrs Landing Road. Follow Carrs Landing Road for a few kilometres , to Kopje Regional Park . 250-868-5232 is the contact number.

Oh, if Kopje doesn't work, my partner Caroline was there when I talked to you the other day in winfield on the phone, and she says she has had weddings in her yard before, for family.. she lives right down the hill from you... go through your light, past coopers and the road turns into her driveway at the bottom of the hill.. she says she would be willing to let you use her yard if you want.. she has a little bit of work she would do to it prior to the big day, there is a water fall and flowers and all. But she is really nice and I could definately phone her if you want... or Even just take a drive down there and talk to her if you have some time... she is usually home unless she is on a call.

About the decorating and all.... I know I am not part of the wedding party or anything, but if you aren't able to decorate the night prior and you are alll going to be running around really busy as it is on the wedding day like Erin stated, just let me know if you think you will need some help... I am wide open for time aside from a few shifts here and there and if you guy's have to decorate that day, I would be glad to come down early. After all decorating is my thing.

No comments: